I advise on a wide range of corporate and commercial issues across the impact investing, responsible business / B Corps, social enterprise and charities space. I am passionate about sustainability and the interplay between business and human rights, with a particular interest in sustainable fashion, anti-slavery and faith driven organisations.
I trained and gained private practice experience with Pinsent Masons LLP and subsequently worked in financial services as legal counsel for 8 Miles LLP (a pan-African private equity fund) and Triple Point (an alternative investment management firm) focused primarily on project finance, venture capital and private equity transactions.
Earlier on in my career, I spent two years working with Canon Andrew White and Archbishop Justin Welby focused on the Middle East peace process as part of Coventry Cathedral’s International Centre for Reconciliation. I studied English Literature at Durham University and am a qualified CEDR mediator.
- I advise on the establishment and structuring of mission driven businesses, Community Interest Companies, B Corporations, social enterprises, charities and corporate foundations
- I advise corporates, impact focused venture capital accelerators and incubators, social enterprises and not for profits on key corporate and commercial arrangements, including equity and debt investments, collaborations, joint ventures, partnerships, spin outs and mergers
- I advise corporates, financial institutions and entrepreneurs in relation to the structuring of impact funds, strategic investments and philanthropy
- I advise businesses, entrepreneurs and investors on transition to B Corp status and on other ways to articulate and embed purpose
- I advise on the formation and ongoing activities of well-known UK think tanks (this has included a high-profile Charity Commission regulatory review)
- I advise on the restructuring and reorganisation of charities