I have a broad range of commercial contract and related experience. Most of my work is concerned with either long-term partnering arrangements (e.g. outsourcing, joint ventures and long term supply contracts) or equipping organisations with trading contracts/terms tailored to their specific requirements.
My particular sector focus is technology where I have advised a broad range of customer and supplier clients on technology contracts, outsourcing, e-commerce and related regulatory matters such as data protection, direct marketing and Bribery Act compliance.
I also have many years’ experience of advising on the licensing and acquisition of all forms of intellectual property and advising organisations on consumer law issues in the financial services sector and beyond.
I chair Bates Wells’ International Board and am always happy to meet overseas law firms seeking English law advice for their clients.
- Advised a developer and supplier of generic and customised drug delivery and medical device platforms on licensing arrangements
- Advised numerous companies on innovative apps and e-commerce platforms
- Advised numerous companies on data protection and direct marketing compliance
- Advised a financial services company on internet-based consumer credit products
- Advised a leading supplier of B2B data on various licence and reseller agreements
- Advised on a joint venture to create and manage a law firm (formed as an Alternative Business Structure)
- Drafted numerous licences and reseller agreements for a software company
- Advised a publisher on a printing services agreement
- Advised on a global consortium agreement in the education sector
- Advised a leading optical supplier on a collaborative joint-venture to exploit co-developed intellectual property
- Advised a global corporate on a tax-driven intellectual property restructuring
- Advised on outsourcing in a variety of different contexts including engineering process outsourcing, facilities management, direct sales (door-to-door fundraising) and travel process outsourcing.
- Advised a household name retailer on outsourcing contracts