In our first ever Branding and Trade Marks update we draw on our own recent experience of managing our own re-brand to share some of what we’ve learned with you.
- Catharina Waller looks at our re-branding experience with a lawyer’s eye view, and emphasises the vital importance of establishing our purpose and values before the re-branding could begin.
- We discuss working with design agencies and some of the critical legal issues to have in place before any design work begins.
- Of course, we can’t escape talking about Brexit – Mathew Healey outlines some of the complex issues around trade marks and copyright during the transition period and beyond.
- We also take a look at the business of trade marking the untrademarkable: well-known place names and other common place expressions, with an interesting example from the world of sport.
- We also include a round up of recent IP news, and there’s a warning that infringements can be both costly and potentially result in a criminal conviction.
If you would like to discuss any of the issues raised in this Update, please contact our Trade Marks team.