- Emma Knuckey and Barbara Eze look at the latest Charity Commission guidance on serious incident reporting.
- Emma Dowden-Teale and Charlotte Blackbourn advise that dealing effectively with complaints is crucial to confidence in a charity’s work.
- Subject access requests have increased since the implementation of the GDPR in 2018. Damian Ward and Alex Jameson look at how to deal with two of the tricky issues that often crop up.
- Charities and social enterprises planning to run campaigns that directly criticise a business or its practices need to consider the potential risks involved, says Mathew Healey.
- What are the potential implications of Brexit for charities receiving or applying for UK or EU public funding? Lawrie Simanotwitz and Sung-Hyui Park look into the future.
- Chetal Patel urges organisations sponsoring migrants to be aware of their responsibilities to avoid falling foul of the Home Office’s new focus on charity sponsors’ compliance.
- Sung-Hyui Park and Rebecca Bruce explain how charities can structure their trading activities.
- Mathew Healey outlines steps to take when a charity re-brand involves a change of name.
- Leticia Jennings and Sophie Cass explain why proposed increases to probate fees are being called a ‘stealth tax’ that may have a disastrous impact on charities.
- It wasn’t all the fun of the fair, when the membership body for travelling showmen found that it was caught by competition law, explains Lindsay Draffan.
- There is a new focus in governance on emotional intelligence, says Tesse Akpeki.
- Our tax expert Bill Lewis, argues that the VAT zero rate needs updating in light of technological changes.
- Susan Shi examines tax relief on gifts of shares.
- Emma Knuckey rounds up the latest from the Charity Commission and the Charity Tribunal.
Please click here to view the PDF version of the update.
All content on this page is correct as of February 25, 2019.