With diversity and inclusion high on the agenda across the third sector, we’ve produced a guide for clients looking to develop and instil best practice in their charities.
In this guide, we’ve included a range of specialist advice and practical guidance designed to help you negotiate the law and to incorporate good practices into your organisation’s culture, covering:
- Is discrimination ever lawful? A brief introduction to the legislation on diversity – the Equality Act 2010.
- How to make positive changes to promote greater diversity within your membership or trustee body.
- When is it lawful to restrict who can benefit from your charity’s services?
- How charities can take positive action to improve diversity, without falling foul of equality law.
- Our 5 tips for employers around reasonable adjustments for disabled applicants and employees.
- Embedding the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion within your charity’s governance.
- An example of how diversity in action can change lives through the work of our client, Blueprint for All (formerly the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust).
If you would like to discuss any of the issues raised in this guide, please contact our Charity team.